Aon Cookie Notice
By using Aon websites, you agree that we can place cookies on your device as described in our Privacy Statement and this Cookie Notice.
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a piece of information contained in a very small text file that is stored on your computer. Cookies allow a website to identify a user’s device whenever that user returns to the website and are commonly used in order to make websites work more efficiently and enrich the user experience, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Main Cookies Aon Uses
The table below is a list of the main cookies set by Aon websites. Please note that we may from time to time modify or update our cookies. When that happens, we will update this list accordingly.
The cookies below are associated with one of four Purpose Classifications developed by The International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) UK:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of webpages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for, such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting / Advertising Cookies: These cookies are used to deliver advertisements more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
Purpose Classifications and Descriptions for each cookie in the chart below are provided by Cookiepedia.
|__atuvc||Functionality||This cookie is associated with the AddThis social sharing widget which is commonly embedded in websites to enable visitors to share content with a range of networking and sharing platforms. It stores an updated page share count.|
|__atuvs||Functionality||This cookie is associated with the AddThis social sharing widget which is commonly embedded in websites to enable visitors to share content with a range of networking and sharing platforms. This is believed to be a new cookie from AddThis which is not yet documented, but has been categorised on the assumption it serves a similar purpose to other cookies set by the service.|
|CMSPreferredCulture||Functionality||Set by the Kentico CMS to identify the language of the page, stores a language-country code combination.|
|ELOQUA||Functionality||Eloqua Business Marketing platform – this cookie collects and transfers contact info from webforms to internal databases.|
|lang||Functionality||There are many different types of cookies associated with this name. However, in most cases it will be used to store language preferences, potentially to serve up content in the stored language.|
|lidc||Functionality||This is a Microsoft MSN 1st party cookie that ensures the proper functioning of this website.|
|OGPC||Functionality||This cookie enables the functionality of Google Maps.|
|_ga||Performance||This cookie name is asssociated with Google Universal Analytics – which is a significant update to Google’s more commonly used analytics service. This cookie is used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the sites analytics reports. By default it is set to expire after 2 years, although this is customizable by website owners.|
|_gat_UA-107149247-127||Performance||This is a pattern type cookie set by Google Analytics, where the pattern element on the name contains the unique identity number of the account or website it relates to. It appears to be a variation of the _gat cookie which is used to limit the amount of data recorded by Google on high traffic volume websites.|
|_gid||Performance||This cookie name is asssociated with Google Universal Analytics. This appears to be a new cookie and as of Spring 2017; no information is available from Google. It appears to store and update a unique value for each page visited.|
|_hjIncludedInSample||Performance||This cookie is associated with web analytics functionality and services from Hotjar, a user experience analytics tool. It uniquely identifies a visitor during a single browser session and indicates they are included in an audience sample.|
|s_pers||Performance||Adobe Site Catalyst cookie.|
|s_sess||Performance||Adobe Site Catalyst cookie.|
|uid||Performance||This cookie provides a uniquely assigned, machine-generated user ID and gathers data about activity on the website.|
|_dc_gtm_UA-23527893-1||Strictly Necessary||This cookie is associated with sites using Google Tag Manager to load other scripts and code into a page. Where it is used it may be regarded as Strictly Necessary as without it, other scripts may not function correctly. The end of the name is a unique number which is also an identifier for an associated Google Analytics account.|
|ASP.NET_SessionId||Strictly Necessary||General purpose platform session cookie, used by sites written with Miscrosoft .NET based technologies. Usually used to maintain an anonymised user session by the server.|
|DSID||Strictly Necessary||This cookie is set to note your specific user identity. It contains a hashed/encrypted unique ID.|
|JSESSIONID||Strictly Necessary||General purpose platform session cookie, used by sites written in JSP. Usually used to maintain an anonymous user session by the server.|
|_kuid_||Targeting / Advertising||This cookie carries out information about how the end user uses the website and any advertising that the end user may have seen before visiting the said website.|
|1P_JAR||Targeting / Advertising||This cookie carries out information about how the end user uses the website and any advertising that the end user may have seen before visiting the said website.|
|ad-id||Targeting / Advertising||This cookie is generally provided by amazon-adsystem.com for advertising purposes.|
|ad-privacy||Targeting / Advertising||This cookie is generally provided by amazon-adsystem.com for advertising purposes.|
|anj||Targeting / Advertising||This cookie contains data denoting whether a cookie ID is synced with an AppNexus partner.|
|bcookie||Targeting / Advertising||This is a Microsoft MSN 1st party cookie for sharing the content of the website via social media.|
|BCSessionID||Targeting / Advertising||This cookie name is associated with software from from BlueConic, a USA and Netherlands based business, which supplies technologies to profile site visitors for targeted marketing purposes. It stores a unique visitor identifier to recognise returning visitors.|
|bito||Targeting / Advertising||This cookie is generally provided by bidr.io and is used for advertising purposes.|
|BizoID||Targeting / Advertising||This is a Microsoft MSN 1st party cookie to enable user-based content.|
|ck1||Targeting / Advertising||This cookie is generally provided by rlcdn.com and is used for advertising purposes.|
|ELQSTATUS||Targeting / Advertising||Eloqua Business Marketing platform – this cookie is used to recognize unique visitors to website pages and to track the pages they visit.|
|icu||Targeting / Advertising||This cookie carries out information about how the end user uses the website and any advertising that the end user may have seen before visiting the said website.|
|IDE||Targeting / Advertising|
|NID||Targeting / Advertising||This cookie is set by DoubleClick (which is owned by Google) to help build a profile of your interests and show you relevant ads on other sites.|
|rlas3||Targeting / Advertising||This cookie is generally provided by rlcdn.com and is used for advertising purposes.|
|rtn1-z||Targeting / Advertising||This cookie is generally provided by rlcdn.com and is used for advertising purposes.|
|ssid||Targeting / Advertising|
|tuuid||Targeting / Advertising||This cookie is mainly set by bidswitch.net to make advertising messages more relevant to the website visitor.|
|tuuid_lu||Targeting / Advertising||This cookie is usually provided by bidswitch.net and is used for advertising purposes.|
|usersync||Targeting / Advertising||This cookie is usually provided by bidswitch.net and is used for advertising purposes.|
|uuid2||Targeting / Advertising||This cookie allows targeted advertising through the AppNexus platform – collects anonymous data on ad views, IP adddress, page views, and more.|
On top of the previous cookies, we may also work with:
- BIGipServer: Associated with session management on load-balanced servers, to ensure that user requests are consistently routed to the correct server.
- Cookies starting with TS01: These cookies are set by the web server to ensure that your web requests are constantly processed by the same server on our infrastructure for the duration of your session.
- cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary: Used for the acceptance of necessary cookies
- cookielawinfo-checkbox-non-necessary: Used for the acceptance of cookies of this category.
- gtm_debug, gtm_auth and gtm_preview: Cookies from Google Tag Manager until the end of session. These cookies collect analytical data about site usage.
- handl_ip and handl_landing_page: These cookies tell us from where the user entered the website.
- handl_original_ref, handl_ref, handl_url: HandL UTM Grabber
- viewed_cookie_policy: To mark when the bar with the cookie information has been seen.
- wfwaf-authcookie: Security: This cookie is set by the WordPress security plugin «Wordfence». Used to authenticate the user’s login request.
- wordpress_test_cookie: This cookie is used for the WordPress content manager to check if the browser has cookies activated. (Session):
- wordpress_logged_in_: Cookie de WordPress para un usuario que ha hecho inicio de sesión
How to Control Cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.